Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Selcuk AYA <ay...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/04 21:58:39 UTC

Re: Txn branch merge : headsup

HI Emmanuel,

can you let me know how the merge is going? If you are having
problems, please point me where I can look at them or if you have any
concerns, we can have a chat on IRC your Wednesday morning?

thanks
Selcuk

Re: Txn branch merge : headsup

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
So far, the remaining modules that I still have to resolve conflits in are :
* apacheds-core-shared (processing it atm)
! apacheds-core-avl
! apacheds-xdbm-partition
! apacheds-ldif-partition
! apacheds-jdbm-partition
! apacheds-core-annotations
! apacheds-server-config
! apacheds-server-jndi
! apacheds-server-replication
! apacheds-xdbm-tools
! apacheds-core-integ
! apacheds-server-integ
! ldap-client-test
! apacheds-service

I'm almost done with apacheds-core-shared, which is the key module, as
all the other modules depend on it. I still have around 10 errors in the
DefaultOperationExecutionManager class, and that's it. It's all about
removing the OneLevel and SubLevel index.

Otherwise, tests are passing up to ApacheDS Core API, which is not far.
I do expect that I can fix core-shared in the next couple of hours, then
the next big step will be to get core-avl happy :)

Still looking for the best method to commit what I currently have
without destroying tunk not losing anyhting.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Txn branch merge : headsup

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 6/11/12 7:52 AM, Selcuk AYA a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel.
> I think the best way is to first merge the trunk to the branch
I tried both options, and both are equivalent.

> and
> then verify the merge and then merge back to trunk. Please let me know
> if it is possible for you to dump your ongoing effort to a branch.
Sadly no, not until I have some conflicts. SVN does not allow you to
commit until you've fixed all the conflicts.
>   If
> not, I will try to merge the trunk to the branch I have.
Yes, do that, so that the first of us wh have something working will be
the next trunk.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Txn branch merge : headsup

Posted by Selcuk AYA <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emmanuel.
I think the best way is to first merge the trunk to the branch and
then verify the merge and then merge back to trunk. Please let me know
if it is possible for you to dump your ongoing effort to a branch. If

Re: Txn branch merge : headsup

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Re: Txn branch merge : headsup

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Txn branch merge : headsup

Posted by Selcuk AYA <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,
if you can give me information on how I can access your ongoing work,
I can help you with AVL changes and change to move xdbm to core and
core-api. Just let me know how and when I can start playing around
with it.

thanks,
Selcuk

Re: Txn branch merge : headsup

Re: Txn branch merge : headsup

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 6/4/12 9:58 PM, Selcuk AYA a écrit :
> HI Emmanuel,
>
> can you let me know how the merge is going? If you are having
> problems, please point me where I can look at them or if you have any
> concerns, we can have a chat on IRC your Wednesday morning?
Hi Selcuk,

as a matter of fact, I was currently making progress. Last week was very
busy for me, but doing many other things. I started again this morning,
and I'm almost done with the DefaultOperationManager merge (this is the
most impacted class so far). I'll then probably be able to finish the
apacheds-core module.

I'll keep you updated tomorrow about my progresses.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com