Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Roland Huss <Ro...@consol.de> on 2001/05/29 12:00:12 UTC

RFC: Namespace org.apache.strutsx

Hi,

I'm in process of preparing some extensions to struts (followup,
doclets, tag-extensions, I18N extensions...) for public release and I
wonder, what Java namespace I should choose.

My suggestion is to introduce org.apache.strutsx.* (analogous to the
javax.* hierachy) for code which doesn't make it directly into the
main struts development trunk. In addition, maybe one could setup a
playground for those extensions, which don't affect core-struts,  in
the CVS rep, so the community can benefit quickly from user
contributions to struts.

Though not very familiar with the Ant development model, it seems to
me, that the ant team applies a similar model with its core-ant tasks
and the ant-optional tasks.

Any comments ?
--
							...roland huss
						             consol.de

Re: RFC: Namespace org.apache.strutsx

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
An optional Struts namespace is a fine idea, but we'd probably have to
setup some sort of gatekeeping process for that.

In the meantime, you might want to place them under your own namespace,
such as de.console.huss.struts