Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/12/14 07:26:26 UTC

1.5 GA

Igniters,

Since we have releases 1.5-b1, the community has reported several issues,
which were addressed or are being addressed.

Would it be realistic to plan releasing GA by the end of the week?

D.

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Tag 1.5.0-b1 fixed, please check.

Looks much better now. Thanks!

*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
Messaging Engineer
http://about.me/raulkripalani | http://www.linkedin.com/in/raulkripalani
http://blog.raulkr.net | twitter: @raulvk

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Raul,

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Great, thanks!

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Anton,

Can you please close this ticket if you are done with it?

D.

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Versions updated.

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Seems everything is ok,

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Anton Vinogradov <avinogradov@gridgain.com

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Dmitriy,

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
I filed the ticket:

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Cos,

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Yakov,

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>.

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Romain,

osgi has been pushed to 1.5 after b1 has been built. You can build ignite
binaries from ignite-1.5 branch to test the functionality.

--Yakov

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Romain Gilles <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igniters,

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Oh, and by the way - can we please _never_ do another release that has a
version like "-b1" or something? It proved to be a royal PITA in the
downstream projects. For instance, in Bigtop we had to hack-off bits and
pieces to make sure the RPMs could be build ("-" isn't a valid symbol for RPM
version string); which later broke the Zeppelin build BIGTOP-2181.

If releases like this will keep on rolling out, we literally will be skipping
them in our releases, because of the huge amount of effort required to
accommodate these.

Regards,
  Cos

Re: 1.5 GA

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Guys,

Here is the list of open issues for 1.5
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.5%20AND%20status%20!%3D%20closed%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20DESC%2C%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20DESC

I see 58 items in this list, however 17 are resolved and 4 are in patch
available state.

The most critical issues are assigned to
Alexey Goncharuk
Semyon Boikov
Artem Shutak
Vladimir Ozerov
Pavel Tupitsyn
Vladimir Ershov

I think we can release GA when mentioned guys finish with their tickets. I
think this is possible to accomplish prior to Wed Dec 16 evening. Remaining
tickets can be moved further.

I also want to ask everyone having resolved tickets to look them through
and close or reassign properly:
Raul Kripalani
Cos Boudnik
Denis Magda