Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2008/05/01 19:27:55 UTC

[Eclipse Plugin] How to exclude test target directories of required projects?

I am using the Eclipse plugin to generate the Eclipse configuration
files for two related Maven projects.  One project contains the business
and persistence logic, while the second project is a JSF based user
interface that requires the first project.  The third project is the
master project referencing the other two projects and is used, among
other things, to generate the Eclipse configuration files.

The problem is the JSF project will deploy the test classpath from the
first project to the web server.  The test classpath of the first
project contains JNDI configuration used for testing the first project.
The first project JNDI configuration conflicts with the JNDI
configuration used by the deployed webapp.  I am able to remove the
first project's test classpath from the "Required project by defining an
Access Rules that excludes the path target/** in the second project, but
this configuration is overwritten by mvn eclipse:eclipse from the master
project.

Both version 2.3 and 2.5 of the Eclipse plugin have the same behavior.

My question is:
   How to I configure the Eclipse plugin to exclude the test classpath of
   required projects?

FYI: It appears the test classpath is exclude in second project's
.classpath with the following code:
    <classpathentry kind="src" path="/project_1">
       <accessrules>
          <accessrule kind="nonaccessible" pattern="target/**"/>
       </accessrules>
     </classpathentry>

Paul Spencer