Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2013/07/20 11:13:17 UTC

[VOTE] Retire Maven One Plugin

Hi,

Now that we have Maven 1 at End-Of-Life, I think it's time to retire
Maven One Plugin as well. It has been almost six years since the last
release. I therefor propose that we retire maven-one-plugin.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-one-plugin/

If this vote is successful I will make one final release of the
plugin, making it clear on the plugin site that it has been retired.
After that the source code will be moved into the "retired" area in
Subversion.

The process for retiring a plugin is described here, and is being improved:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html

The vote is open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
[ ] -1 No, because...

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Retire Maven One Plugin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Lennart Jörelid <le...@gmail.com>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] Retire Maven One Plugin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Olivier Lamy, Robert Scholte, Arnaud Héritier, Hervé
Boutemy, Wayne Fay, Stephen Connolly, Ralph Goers, Brett Porter,
Stephane Nicoll, Dennis Lundberg
+1 (non binding): Anders Hammar, Lennart Jörelid, Baptiste Mathus

I will continue with the steps required to retire this plugin.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 thanks Dennis.

Wayne

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

---------
Arnaud

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

Ralph

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

S.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
(Re-posting to dev@, got confused by the cross-posting of the vote...)

+1

Thanks Dennis!

- Brett

On 20/07/2013, at 7:13 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that we have Maven 1 at End-Of-Life, I think it's time to retire
> Maven One Plugin as well. It has been almost six years since the last
> release. I therefor propose that we retire maven-one-plugin.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-one-plugin/
>
> If this vote is successful I will make one final release of the
> plugin, making it clear on the plugin site that it has been retired.
> After that the source code will be moved into the "retired" area in
> Subversion.
>
> The process for retiring a plugin is described here, and is being improved:
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html
>
> The vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
> [ ] -1 No, because...
>
> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter
http://twitter.com/brettporter

Re: [VOTE] Retire Maven One Plugin

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
+1

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
+1

Also notice that according to the Maven 3.x Plugin Compatibility Matrix[1]
it is not supported anymore.

Robert

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Plugin+Compatibility+Matrix

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Saturday, 20 July 2013, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that we have Maven 1 at End-Of-Life, I think it's time to retire
> Maven One Plugin as well. It has been almost six years since the last
> release. I therefor propose that we retire maven-one-plugin.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-one-plugin/
>
> If this vote is successful I will make one final release of the
> plugin, making it clear on the plugin site that it has been retired.
> After that the source code will be moved into the "retired" area in
> Subversion.
>
> The process for retiring a plugin is described here, and is being improved:
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html
>
> The vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
> [ ] -1 No, because...