Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "George A. Papayiannis" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/22 01:46:25 UTC

Combining multiple index to single index

Hi,

I am in a scenario where I have many small indexes and would like to merge
them into a single index. I know I could do searches from multiple indexes,
but I would rather combine them. Does anyone know of a way to do this, other
than using the Lucene API?

Thanks,
George

Re: Combining multiple index to single index

Posted by "George A. Papayiannis" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply -- I using that script -- I see now what I was doing
wrong -- but still I'm not completly satisfied

I have my directories of:

./db
./segments (has many segments inside each indexed in its segment)
./index (main index)

I can I would run: nutch merge indexTemp segments/* ./
This would merge all the segment index's and the main index into directory
indexTemp

Then I would overwrite indexTemp with index

in any case, playing with it more, i'm sure i'll figure something out

George

Posted by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com>.
I mean using "bin/nutch merge"

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Combining multiple index to single index

Posted by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com>.
You can use nutch built-in script to do index merging;

run "bin/nutch mergesegs" to see the required
parameters;

Michael Ji

http://mail.yahoo.com