Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Austin Lowry <au...@fedex.com> on 2003/03/10 17:08:41 UTC

Oracle Data Source Config

I've hit a bump in the road with my development because I have to be
able to use an Oracle connection in order to use a class vital to my
application. This made my Weblogic connection pool unusable because it
uses it's own connection objects that use the Oracle driver. I think my
best option at this point is to use the Struts <data-sources>. Does
anyone have any experience with using Oracle and
OracleConnectionPoolDataSource or OracleConnectionCacheImpl? I'm not
really sure how to set this up and make sure I get back an Oracle
connection object that I can use. Also, is there a better way to
implement the connection pool and still return an Oracle connection
object than through Struts? Thanks for your help.

Re: Oracle Data Source Config

Posted by Robert McIntosh <ro...@bull-enterprises.com>.
Well that sucks. Putting the Oracle cache in the servlet context is a
good alternative though. A simple Struts plugin would be an elegant way
to do that I would think.

- Robert

Posted by Austin Lowry <au...@fedex.com>.
Thanks for your comments Marco.

Although this did not fix my problem, I think those having problems with
Oracle connections might be helped by the following:

It appears that the Weblogic wrapper classes don't allow the Oracle
driver extensions by default and you have to cast the connection object
to a weblogic.jdbc.vendor.oracle.OracleConnection or the statment object
to a weblogic.jdbc.vendor.oracle.OracleStatement which allows access to
some of the extensions such as OracleStatement and OracleResultSet. See
the following URL for Weblogic 6.1:
http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs61/jdbc/thirdparty.html#1043705**

Posted by Marco Tedone <m_...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Austin Lowry <au...@fedex.com>.