Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com> on 2010/08/24 21:18:58 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 0.21.0 released

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Apache Hadoop 0.21.0 is available for
download from http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html.

Over 1300 issues have been addressed since 0.20.2; you can find details at

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.21.0/releasenotes.html
http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/docs/r0.21.0/releasenotes.html
http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/r0.21.0/releasenotes.html

Please note that this release has not undergone testing at scale and
should not be considered stable or suitable for production. It is
being classified as a minor release, which means that it should be API
compatible with 0.20.2.

Thanks to all who contributed to this release!

Tom

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 0.21.0 released

Posted by Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Farhan

Scale testing happens over time when there is larger uptake of the release
by the community (or when Yahoo rolls out an Apache release). This is not
something that has a set schedule with someone owning a deliverable.

Regards
Steve Watt

From:
Farhan Husain <fa...@csebuet.org>
To:
common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Cc:
general@hadoop.apache.org, common-dev <co...@hadoop.apache.org>
Date:
09/15/2010 12:41 AM
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 0.21.0 released

Hello Tom,

Is it possible to know when the testing would be finished?

Thanks,
Farhan

Posted by Farhan Husain <fa...@csebuet.org>.
Hello Tom,