Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Benson Qiu <qi...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/07 09:38:39 UTC

Increasing yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-applications

The default maximum-applications is 10000 for the entire cluster. I have a
very small test queue that has about 0.1% absolute capacity, which means
that it can only support 10 pending or running applications.

If I submit a burst of applications, I get the following error message:

> "org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Queue root.test
already has 10 applications"

*What are the implications of doing queue-level overrides to significantly
increase this limit? (e.g.
"yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.test.maximum-applications=1000")*