Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Derek Yiu <de...@oocl.com> on 2015/11/16 11:12:03 UTC

Questions about Camel's FTP component

Dear Sir,

I am Camel user. I would like to use it for our new EDI project development.
This platform is used to communicate with different partner' FTP server.
Therefore we may encountered many send/receive file requirement.
Such as
1) move the file to other folder after delivered file to partner's server
2) rename the file after delivered file to partner's server
3) deliver a specific file to partner after delivered a file
4) Run custom FTP command before/after PUT file

May I know if Camel's FTP conponent can help on it?
How does it work?

Thank you for your attention

with regards

Derek Yiu

Re: Questions about Camel's FTP component

Posted by Michele <mi...@finconsgroup.com>.
Hi Derek,

You can follow these topics

http://camel.apache.org/oncompletion.html
http://camel.apache.org/endpointcompleter.html

Greetings
Michele

Re: Questions about Camel's FTP component

Posted by Derek Yiu <de...@oocl.com>.
Hi Michele

Thank you for your reply
I have gone throght the documentation
But I still have a quesiton
is the camel compatible with FTP command for producing or consuming file?
such as
Put *
PostPutCommand
PrePutCommand
RNFR and RNTO

Thanks with regards

Posted by Michele <mi...@finconsgroup.com>.
Hi Derek,

If you look to the camel.apache.org project, you will be able to discover
the documentation about the ftp component:

http://camel.apache.org/ftp2.html
http://camel.apache.org/ftp.html

FTP extends File Component so all the options from File is inherited.

http://camel.apache.org/file2.html
http://camel.apache.org/file.html

This directory holds examples of the FTP component
https://github.com/camelinaction/camelinaction2/tree/master/chapter6/ftp

Regards,

Michele