Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by MG <mg...@arscreat.com> on 2021/02/01 09:02:19 UTC

Re: GraalVM native image for Groovy apps

Hi Damir,

great work, and another step towards putting (statically compiled)
Groovy on the map as a OS level scripting language with startup times as
fast as Python, Perl, Ruby, ...

My feedback would be:

 1. Give changes in resulting image size also as a percentage.
 2. Supply an "if you are mainly interested in the results"
    link/reference to a results section at the end of the article.
 3. Add download links and a reference section to the end of the article.

With regards to giving relative image sizes: Knowing what the maximum
improvement from the "include all" approach would be is particulary
helpful. Knowing that one would get a (if I calculated correctly) 13%
reduction in size will help to decide whether investing time/resources
into this makes sense on a case by case basis :-)

Do you already know where the article will be published ?-)
Cheers,
mg

Posted by Damir Murat <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi MG,
I'm glad you like the article and thank you for the valuable feedback.
I think I'll include some or all of your suggestions. Tnx.

I don't know the publishing location yet. It might be on my company
blog (https://croz.net/news-page/), but not sure yet. I'll post the link when it
happens.

Regards,
Damir Murat