Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Korhonen, Kalle" <kk...@cisco.com> on 2005/06/18 02:53:50 UTC

Possible problem with MyFaces+Tiles+Forms+client-side state saving

Hey,

anybody run into this problem? I'm using Tiles and have a form in one of
the tiles included on the page. I got a couple of command-links there
which are inside a h:form. If I use client-side state saving the myfaces
renders the page twice(!) like this:
... content...
<input for client-side state/>
... content ...

Looks to me it's looking for a dummyForm on the page to include the
hidden input field in, doesn't find it and then screws up the whole
rendering.

If I either a) render the command-link without the form (so dummyForm is
rendered) or b) use server-side state saving, everything works
correctly. It's possible at this state that I'm just doing something
weird and completely wrong, but I'm just asking if somebody has run into
this problem before and/or knows something about it.

If I look further into it, and if I find it's because of a bug, would it
be alright to fix this by moving the dummyForm rendering code to
extensionsFilter (which I suggested awhile ago and would also solve the
ADF Faces issue #152 and the portlet issue.. uh #260?), what say you?

Kalle