Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by sh...@e-z.net on 2012/08/31 19:32:32 UTC

I accept Xalan PMC chair nomination

Greetings,

I gladly accept the nomination as your new Xalan PMC chair.
I am still learning the requirements of the position.

Many thanks go to David Bertoni as chair for his stewardship
and previously to Brian Minchau for the success of Xalan.
David has been active with the Xalan projects since 2005.

I am looking forward to having successful releases for
our Java and C/C++ projects.  I will continue with the
documentation efforts, as this activity benefits our users.

There are infrastructure support details I am trying to
get established in support of our Xalan projects.

Our team members have been a great support in keeping Xalan
out of the Apache Attic.  On behalf of various corporate
users, your work is well appreciated.  It is good to see
the Xalan projects moving forward with new patch releases.

I am also supportive of mentoring projects like the successful
Google Summer of Code. This year for GSoC-2012, we have
two of our members serving as mentors.  One student was
working on a Xalan project.  The other student was working
on a companion Xerces project.

If you have issues with Xalan, I am willing to help find
answers.  I plan to keep a long-term commitment to the team.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan Documentation Project