Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi> on 2004/10/10 18:17:00 UTC

Xindice - Cocoon

Hi All,

I have some trouble to connect cocoon to xindice. More specifically, I
am receiving the error message:

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException:
Collection 'db' cannot store resources (no filer)

when using the request

http://localhost:8080/foo/db/test?xpath=/

which should list everything in the collection 'test'.

I have Xindice installed under Tomcat (version 5.5) and have no trouble
of reaching it from the command line or through Tomcat using

http://localhost:8080/xidice/foo/db

I get 'the ugly debug tool'. I have populated it using the command
interface of Xindice. In cocoon.xconf (cocoon version 2.1.5.1) I have
(I've removed the comments):

<!-- xmldb pseudo protocol -->
<component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory"
name="xmldb">
   <driver class="org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl"
type="xindice">
         <service-location>/xindice/</service-location>
   </driver>
   <driver class="org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl"
type="xindice-embed">
   </driver>
</component>

The sitemap contains the following entry:

<map:pipeline>
   <map:match pattern="db/**">
     <map:match type="request-parameter" pattern="xpath">
       <map:generate src="xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db/{../1}#{1}"
         />
       <map:serialize type="xml"/>
     </map:match>
     <map:generate src="xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db/{1}"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

I cannot see any problem. As a matter of fact, I believe cocoon makes
contact with Xindice, but apparently something is incorrect according to
the aforementioned error message. Maybe one of you has seen this message
also? It seems to indicate that cocoon looks into the db collection
instead of db/test? I have been searching for several days now FAQs,
wikis and email lists but without success unfortunately. It must be
something very stupid that I have overlooked completely.

I am also not entirely clear on the sitemap entry, that is function of
the '#' symbol. Would that be cocoon or xindice specific?

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi