Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org> on 2021/05/03 08:28:18 UTC

Apache NetBeans 12.4-rc2 is Available for Testing!

Hi all,

Here's our release schedule for 12.4:

April   2: 12.4 Beta
April 16: 12.4 Feature freeze
April 21: Weekly Release Candidate 1
April 28: Weekly Release Candidate 2 (if needed)
May   5: Weekly Release Candidate 3 (if needed)
May   7 - 14: Voting
May 15 - 30: Release

We've had a few hiccups and delays and now we're a bit late for rc2.
However, it doesn't look to me like we should need an rc3. Everything that
was marked for Milestone 12.4 has been integrated:

https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release124/16/

What's new/changes for 12.4, a fuller document will be created closer to
the release:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/milestone/12?closed=1

The fuller document is being put together here (though seems to be down at
the moment), please document the features and fixes you have provided:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+12.4

Please try out your normal workloads as well as, if you've added new
features or fixed bugs, please try out those features and fixes to make
sure everything works as you expect.

Feature freeze is behind us now, so only fixes for blocker issues are
allowed this time. The rules are the following:
- The blocker issue, if found, has to be announced and discussed on the
developer mailing list first. Please note that if you have concerns about
the licensing of some files/components please raise it now as those are
considered blocking.
- If there would be an eventual need of fix, please:
- Mark the milestone as: 12.4.
- Please add Neil and me as additional reviewers.

That would also indicate that we do another release candidate when the
issue is fixed.

If everything goes right, this release candidate will become the voting
candidate and the next action would be the vote on the release.

Thanks,

Gj