Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harish Pathak <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/19 08:52:00 UTC

how to compile java file in tomcat ?

Hi All,

  Anybody please tell me how to compile java file in tomcat ?

  I have placed java file inside root \web-inf\classes

  Thanks

  Please reply soon.

  Harish Pathak

---------------------------------
Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Re: how to compile java file in tomcat ?

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Probably best if you do some reading first.

If you're new to java then you should read up on how to compile .java
files into .class files, and how to place them in packages.  Tomcat
likes things to be packaged neatly.

E.g.
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

You'll need to know a little bit about the servlet spec, how to write a
basic servlet, and how to configure the web.xml file to activate the
servlet.  The Tomcat examples (probably included in your distribution)
go a long way to demonstrating all this.

Assuming you're using Tomcat5.5 you should read up on the server
documentation too.

E.g.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/

Google is your friend, this list is better at answering questions
regarding specific technical problems, than giving one-on-one tutorials.