Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by stlecho <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/15 09:31:51 UTC

[Axis2/Rampart] NullPointerException when calling non-existing Webservice

Hi,

We have deployed our Webservices with Axis2 v1.1.1 and Rampart v1.1.1. When
calling a non-existing Webservice, the client receives a
NullPointerException :o(.

Tracing down the problem I've found that the cause of this problem is the
getServicePolicyKey method in the RampartMessageData class:
"msgCtx.getAxisService()" returns null.

Is there a patch available that solves - i.e. generates a user friendly
error message - this issue ?

Regards, Stefan Lecho.

RE: [Axis2/Rampart] NullPointerException when calling non-existing Webservice

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.
I submitted a JIRA report (RAMPART-48) on this.

Glen

Posted by Ted Jones <Tj...@metamatrix.com>.