Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Bogdan Vatkov <bv...@globaltech-bg.com> on 2003/12/12 13:42:04 UTC

Graphical design tool to generate Torque XML schema

Hi all,

Does anyone knows any Graphical Design tool for designing db tables and to save the model directly
into Torque's XML schema ..or any indirect way of doing this automatically.
I have seen the meta language which Sybase PowerDesigner is based on but is not too easy to
create an intermediate language for a brand new format (like Torque's).
There are also a lot of tools for creating XSD formated descripton of database ..has anyone suggestion for
easy conversion of XSD doc to Toruqe's XML schema ? I still do not want to write the XSL for this.

Any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

With best regards,
Bogdan

Re: Graphical design tool to generate Torque XML schema

Posted by Emmanuel Florent <ef...@devaki.org>.
Try on the nextobjects-devel@lists.sourceforge.net list plz.

EF

Posted by Bogdan Vatkov <bv...@globaltech-bg.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,
Here is one suggestion:
Why not to introduce in devaki a way for adding a custom build procedures
(the Model menu)
for example i have added a few templates in my torque-gen package ..
for automatic simple JSP & corresponding javabeans (for table
browse/navigate & row edit pages)
and also have added the corresponding ant target in the torqu-gen-build.xml
could this be integrated into devaki ?

With best regards,
Bogdan

Posted by Emmanuel Florent <ef...@devaki.org>.
I know this is not totally the right list, but you should know that :
1) This is alpha quality software - want to know if useable, may be it
is already ? who knows ?
2) You should really use the version from CVS (it uses to work).
3) I'm seeking for help (this the right list lol !)
4) It is planned to be re-licensed the project in order to get better
torque integration
5) I'm looking good advices, any feedback, help particulary regarding
point 1 and 4. (this the right list for point 4 isn't it ?) :

Regards.

Emmanuel Florent

Posted by Bogdan Vatkov <bv...@globaltech-bg.com>.

Posted by ef...@devaki.org.

Posted by Bogdan Vatkov <bv...@globaltech-bg.com>.
That is what i have done in the very beginnig ..but ...it is not the optimal
way for this ...
and i am obligated to use
1) a db server
2) referential integrity support inside the db server

and here is the truth :)

Posted by Ramesh Sabeti <rs...@reazon.com>.