Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mark <sw...@instruform.com> on 2007/04/06 12:00:38 UTC

MRP not producing result in approve reqs

Hi people

The problem:
In opentaps-0.94 Manufacturing->Approve requirements gives me a blank
list even though I have done a Run MRP.
The Inventory event planned gives incomplete results as well.

I am not sure if what I am seeing is a bug, configuration issue or just
a misunderstanding on my part. Any suggestions would be gratefully
received.  I posted this message to the opentaps users list and Jacques
Le Roux suggested that this message was more suited to this list.

The steps I have taken to repeatably produce this problem:
Add items with lowest level items as raw materials. 3rd level items are
WIPs and 2nd level items are sub-assemblies and the finished product
(V164) is a finished product.
Created a multi-level BOM following the instructions in:
sequoiaerp-0.8-manufacturing-1-create-bill-of-materials-avi.zip and
opentaps-0.9-manuals-v5.zip
Screenshots of the exploded BOM created can be found at:
http://209.59.210.118/MRPsnapshots/explodedbom1.png and
http://209.59.210.118/MRPsnapshots/explodedbom2.png
Place an order for a series of finished products, V164 (See screenshot
at http://209.59.210.118/MRPsnapshots/order.png
<http://209.59.210.118/MRPsnapshots/order.png%29> )
Manufacturing->Run MRPusing called TEST (screenshot at
http://209.59.210.118/MRPsnapshots/runmrp.png
<http://209.59.210.118/MRPsnapshots/runmrp.png%29> )
I ran the inventory event planned option, which gave strange and
incomplete results (
http://209.59.210.118/MRPsnapshots/inventory_event_planned.png ) listing
only the finished product, V164, and the 1st level subassembly,
COREV18A. No raw materials of WIPs are displayed.
Going to approve requirements (
http://209.59.210.118/MRPsnapshots/approve_requirements.png ) gave me an
empty result, even if I searched a product (e.g. any of the COREV18A,
V164, etc.) or MRP related queries.

What I have done to try to correct the problem so far:
Try to search for a component in the approve requirements screen that I
know is in the BOM. No change. Still a blank result as shown in the
screenshot http://209.59.210.118/MRPsnapshots/approve_requirements.png.
Try to change the various components in the BOM to different types.
Currently all COREV18A% items are WIPs, other than COREV18A itself,
which is a subassembly. V164 is a finished product and all the 717%
items are raw materials. Changing the WIPs to raw materials,
subassemblies or finished products does nothing to help.

My system:
Linux Fedora Core 6 running with 1.5GB RAM and several GBs of free hard
drive space
I am running opentaps 0.94 with Mysql 5.0 using the set up instructions
for opentaps-mysql integration at
opentaps-0.9-configuring-for-mysql-screenshots.zip

Many thanks for any replies and suggestions
Regards
Mark

Re: MRP not producing result in approve reqs

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Mark,

I have two quick suggestions:

1) you should create the ProductFacility records for your products and
components (this is done in Catalog->Product->Facility screen)

2) you should really try to use the OFBiz trunk, since recently the MRP
has been enhanced

Jacopo