Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Rakesh Aggarwal <ag...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/27 01:29:42 UTC

linker error during make on Ubuntu/64bit

Hi All!

I am trying to compile the trafficserver-trunk on a Ubuntu 9.1 Karmic, Amd64 base OS using the directions given here: (https://cwiki.apache.org/TS/ubuntu.html). I installed all the packages mentioned on this page.

I got the following error from libtool while building executable "traffic_sac"
in proxy sub-directory :
"collect2: ld returned 1 exit status".

A more complete message is pasted below. The Linker would not say which library it is
having problem with, so I could not find out whether it is an issue with
a missing package. I verified that all the linked libraries (tcl, ssl, db etc) exist under "/usr/lib"

Has anyone else seen this problem before? Is OS "Ubuntu 9.1 Karmic, Amd64 arch" supported?

thanks

-Rakesh

libtool: link: g++ -g -pipe -Wall -Werror
-Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-write-strings -O3
-feliminate-unused-debug-symbols -fno-strict-aliasing
-Wno-invalid-offsetof -rdynamic -o traffic_sac sac.o ICP.o ICPConfig.o
ICPProcessor.o ICPStats.o IPAllow.o ParentSelection.o ControlBase.o
ControlMatcher.o CacheControl.o StatSystem.o CacheInspectorAllow.o
ReverseProxy.o ProxyConfig.o signals.o Error.o EventName.o
DiagsConfig.o StatPages.o PluginVC.o AbstractBuffer.o Transform.o
Prefetch.o Update.o TestHook.o RegressionSM.o Plugin.o PluginDB.o
InkAPI.o InkIOCoreAPI.o InkXml.o  http2/libhttp.a
congest/libCongestionControl.a dns_cache/libdnscache.a
logging/liblogging.a stats/libstats.a hdrs/libhdrs.a
mgmt2/preparse/libpreparse.a mgmt2/utils/libutils_p.a mgmt2/libmgmt_p.a
../iocore/dns/libinkdns.a ../iocore/hostdb/libinkhostdb.a
../iocore/cluster/libinkcluster.a ../iocore/cache/libinkcache.a
../iocore/utils/libinkutils.a ../iocore/aio/libinkaio.a
../iocore/net/libinknet.a ../iocore/eventsystem/libinkevent.a
../librecords/librecprocess.a ../libinktomi++/libinktomi++.a -lpthread
-lnsl -lresolv -lrt -lpcre /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so -lssl -lcrypto
-ltcl8.4 -ldl /usr/lib/libexpat.so
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [traffic_sac] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/ws/trafficserver/traffic/trunk/proxy'

Re: linker error during make on Ubuntu/64bit

Posted by Rakesh Aggarwal <ag...@yahoo.com>.
using arch type = amd64 was the cause of the error. I reverted to using i386, and that fixed the problem.

-Rakesh

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 04/27/2010 10:54 AM, Rakesh Aggarwal wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I am trying to configure a reverse proxy using the TS Admin's Guide.
>
> The /usr/local/etc/trafficserver/records.config file already had the reverse_proxy enabled. I added the
> following entry to /usr/local/etc/trafficserver/remap.config file :
>
> reverse_map  http://localhost:9999/  http://localhost:8080/

You most likely want "map" and not "reverse_map". The "reverse_map"
rules are for handling things like reversing 302 redirect URLs generated
from the Origin, so that they point back through the proxy again.

Assuming your "origin" is on 9999, the rule should be

     map http://localhost:8080/  http://localhost:9999/

(you might still want that reverse_map rule as well, to handle rewriting
any Location: headers in responses from the origin).

I hope this helps.

-- Leif

reverse proxy configuration

Posted by Rakesh Aggarwal <ag...@yahoo.com>.
Hi All!

I am trying to configure a reverse proxy using the TS Admin's Guide.

The /usr/local/etc/trafficserver/records.config file already had the reverse_proxy enabled. I added the
following entry to /usr/local/etc/trafficserver/remap.config file :

reverse_map  http://localhost:9999/  http://localhost:8080/

I have an apache server running at 9090 on the same machine.

When I try to invoke http://localhost:8080/images/Nature-6k.jpg, the TS returns failure with 404. It does not seem to apply the reverse-mapping specified above. The browser, apache and TS are all on the localhost.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

thanks

-Rakesh

Re: linker error during make on Ubuntu/64bit

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason <ja...@gmail.com>.
Rakesh Aggarwal,  I've tested on x86_64 with karmic 9.10 (via xen) and have
produced AMIs.  I would presume the 64bit extensions are the same between
the Amd/Intel?

Of all the physical hardware I've got in my lab, specifically AMD + 64 is
not one of them.

You could try the install script within the '/contrib' as well, see if that
helps at all (or examine at least what it does, do note that I do have
changes to make).  If you go the script route, make sure you do a
'freshBuild'.

Rest of the Devs,

Is anyone else able to test ATS specifically on AMD hardware?

- Jason