Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/08/01 16:00:38 UTC

Re: JAXB not available on Tomcat 9 and Java 10

On 27/07/18 15:36, Nicolai Parlog wrote:
>  Hi Christopher,
>
> unfortunately that didn't change the observable behavior - exact same
> error message as when the JARs were in the application's lib folder.

Java 10.0.2
Tomcat 9.0.11-dev

I added the following to WEB-INF/lib:
activation-1.1.1.jar
jaxb-api-2.3.0.jar
jaxb-core-2.3.0.1.jar
jaxb-impl-2.3.0.1.jar

And then the following JSP worked:
<%
javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUser.class);
%>

I suggest the following:

Produce the smallest, simplest JSP that reproduces the problem with the
above libraries and then we can look at this further.

Mark