Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> on 2007/03/28 15:26:05 UTC

handling of various socket exceptions

Hello!

I know the Httpclient can try to connect to a host several times if some of
java.net.* exceptions occur. My question is - how can I filter which
exceptions I want HttpClient to retry? For example I don't want HttpClient to
try connection several times in case if there was some
java.net.SocketTimeoutException thrown, but instead I need these exceptions to
be thrown and handled in upper level (my application).

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: handling of various socket exceptions

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Hello Eugeny,

you are looking for the HttpMethodRetryHandler interface:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpMethodRetryHandler.html

cheers,
  Roland