Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Didier Villevalois <dv...@sqli.com> on 2000/10/13 20:50:24 UTC

Re[4]: [XalanJ-1.2D02] Document function... Could not load requested doc

Hi Scott,

Slc> Dave, do we have a conformance test for this?  As far as I know, it should
Slc> be working to spec?

Slc> Does Xalan know the directory of the context node?  Is this being called
Slc> from a command line, or from an application?  If from an application, are
Slc> you feeding Xalan a stream or a URI.  If a stream, did you set the SystemID
Slc> of the XSLTInputSource, so that Xalan knows the base URI of the tree?  Or
Slc> are you using SAX events for input for the source tree?  (I'm not saying
Slc> that this is the problem, just something to check.  Since I'm not sure this
Slc> is covered in our conformance tests, there could well be bug...)

Slc> A quick look at the code shows that it is at least trying to do the right
Slc> thing, though it is defaulting to using arg2 as a string for the base URI
Slc> if it is not a nodeset, when it should probably throw an error.  It finds
Slc> the first node in the nodeset, obtains it's document owner, and then calls
Slc> findURIFromDoc, to set the base URL.  But, like I said, there could be a
Slc> bug somewhere.

I noticed also that the code seems to be right. The error might be on
the cocoon side. The fact is findURIFromDoc returns the wrong string.

I think the base URI of the first loaded document is not given (or
relatively to a bad directory) to the XMLParserLiaisonDefault or a
thing like that.

Didier.