Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Souther <bp...@adelphia.net> on 2003/12/11 02:59:09 UTC

Re: PB when build TC5 from cvs

FYI:  I found this message while googling for the same problem with the build
breaking just after 12/06/2003 on my linux box.

Upgrading ANT  from vs 1.5.1 to the latest (1.6beata3)  fixed it.

I traced the problem back a little bit and found that the generated_web.xml
file in the examples app was present but empty.  I didn't dig much further.

Maybe the instructions at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/building.html
will need to specify a more recent version of ANT?