Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Rhys Ulerich <rh...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/29 16:14:41 UTC

Moderation for non-subscribers?

Hi all,

Awhile back we got a note from Marvin saying

> This bounced the first time I sent it because ulike most ASF lists,
> log4cxx-dev@logging seems to reject posts from non-subscribers.  This may be
> an issue later with things such as report reminders, FWIW.

Any complaints if I ask Infra to turn on moderation of messages from
non-subscribers?  Anyone else willing to serve as a moderator for
those?

- Rhys

Re: Moderation for non-subscribers?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again!

No objections so far :)

On 29 Dec 2013, at 16:14, Rhys Ulerich wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Awhile back we got a note from Marvin saying
>
>> This bounced the first time I sent it because ulike most ASF lists,
>> log4cxx-dev@logging seems to reject posts from non-subscribers.  This
>> may be
>> an issue later with things such as report reminders, FWIW.
>
> Any complaints if I ask Infra to turn on moderation of messages from
> non-subscribers?  Anyone else willing to serve as a moderator for
> those?
>
> - Rhys

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
The Zen Programmer: http://bit.ly/12lC6DL
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: Moderation for non-subscribers?

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Joseph Southwell <jo...@southwell.org> wrote:
> I am probably willing also. I just don't know what I would be promising.

You just get a few extra moderation mails, which you either reply to
(to moderate through) or ignore. If you hit "reply-all" to a
moderation mail, you'll also whitelist the sender so that you won't
have to moderate their messages through in the future.  There's
occasional spam, but not much for most lists at Apache.

If you're game, feel free to add a comment to the INFRA Jira request
stating the email address you'd like to perform moderation with.  I
recommend using your personal email rather than your @apache.org email
because depending on your mail client and ISP it can be a little bit
of a pain to send mail that actually looks like it came from the
@apache.org address.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Moderation for non-subscribers?

Posted by Joseph Southwell <jo...@southwell.org>.
I am probably willing also. I just don't know what I would be promising.

Joseph Southwell
joseph@southwell.org
The past is history,
The future's a mystery,
The present's a gift.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Rhys Ulerich <rh...@gmail.com>.
>> Anyone else willing to serve as a moderator for those?
>
> Me.

Thanks Thorsten.  Anyone else?

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Rhys Ulerich,
am Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013 um 16:14 schrieben Sie:

> Any complaints if I ask Infra to turn on moderation of messages from
> non-subscribers?

No.

> Anyone else willing to serve as a moderator for those?

Me. Is there anything I need to read, understand or know?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de