Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Subash Chaturanga <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/28 19:00:38 UTC

What is the difference between a Hold and a Retention Policy

Hi all,

I have tried jackrabbit and in JCR api, I could see retention manager can
add Holds as well as retention policies.
Seems to me, both does some kind of a prevention for an Item. Can anyone
please explain me what is the difference
between adding a retention and adding  Hold on a node. Any usage of a
combination of using both add retention and add hod methods

Thanks
--
Subash Chaturanga