Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/01/03 17:52:18 UTC

Re: Product ID for Apache Ignite

Hi Mark,

I reached out both MITRE and cvedetails.com <http://cvedetails.com/> folks as you suggested earlier. Below you can see the answer from MITRE. CVE guys have not replied yet.

One of the things suggested by MITRE is the following

> One last item to note is that Apache is a CVE CNA. You can find more information about the CNA program at http://cve.mitre.org/cve/cna.html <http://cve.mitre.org/cve/cna.html>. We realize that there are many Apache products, but you may want to investigate this and reach out to the appropriate folks within Apache to not only share the CVE ID pool, but also potentially communicate when vulnerabilities are found in Apache Ignite.

Do you guys keep in eye on all Apache vulnerabilities or subscribe to the updates? If so, could you update Apache Ignite community every time an Ignite vulnerability has discovered?

Regards,
Denis

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/01/2017 17:52, Denis Magda wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I reached out both MITRE and cvedetails.com
> <http://cvedetails.com> folks as you suggested earlier. Below you can
> see the answer from MITRE. CVE guys have not replied yet.
>
> One of the things suggested by MITRE is the following
>
>> One last item to note is that Apache is a CVE CNA. You can find more
>> information about the CNA program
>> at http://cve.mitre.org/cve/cna.html. We realize that there are many
>> Apache products, but you may want to investigate this and reach out to
>> the appropriate folks within Apache to not only share the CVE ID pool,
>> but also potentially communicate when vulnerabilities are found in
>> Apache Ignite.
>
> Do you guys keep in eye on all Apache vulnerabilities or subscribe to
> the updates? If so, could you update Apache Ignite community every time
> an Ignite vulnerability has discovered?

That isn't how vulnerability handling works.

See http://www.apache.org/security/committers.html

Any vulnerability reports for Apache Ignite received by the security
team will be passed privately to the project for resolution.

Mark