Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Anthony Johnson <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 04:33:19 UTC

SNMP Sampler

Hey Guys,
      My current company developed a SNMP Sampler w/RRD Graph Listener
for JMeter and I am working to get permission to contribute this code.
 I'm a bit worried about licenses as we depend on 3 libraries:

SNMP4J - Apache:-)
Mibble - GPL
JRobin - LGPL

Thoughts?!?

Thanks,

Anthony

Re: SNMP Sampler

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 22 August 2012 16:01, Anthony Johnson <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>     Thanks for the response.  How would dual licensing work...
>
> -- Do I simply need to contact the authors and get a special license.

AIUI the license would need to be available to all, not just Apache JMeter.

> -- If they give some sort of special license for JMeter Usage, does it
> need to be done in some way to avoid being sued?
>
> I'm not worried so much about the Mibble library because I can
> re-write/find a replacement.  The JRobin stuff is a re-write of
> RRDTool in Java which might be hard to find a replacement for.

As far as I can tell, JRobin is used for reporting, so is it essential
to the SNMP sampling?

JMeter could be used to create SNMP sample logs which are then
analysed separately.

Although JMeter has reporting features, its prime focus is on load and
functional testing.

Re: SNMP Sampler

Posted by Anthony Johnson <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Guys,