Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Xander van der Merwe <xa...@softtech.co.nz> on 2002/11/26 23:46:02 UTC

Re: SOAPAction HTTP header required (again)

Ok, according to SOAP1.1 it looks like it is required. It would not be a bad
idea to put this into the Axis FAQ since it is one of the biggest gotchas
for any Axis newby. It took me a while anyway, to figure out how to get the
MS Soap Client to work with Axis due to this requirement.

Xander

Posted by Ken Pelletier <ke...@nika.com>.
The trouble is that we are often writing services to be vended to
clients
over which we have no control - and the client tool vendors don't seem
to interpret
it as being required.

- Ken

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
In SOAP 1.1, the SOAPAction header is required, although the contents can be
empty.
In SOAP 1.2, the SOAPAction header is optional.

Anne