Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matsaki <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/21 21:32:27 UTC

Redirect spam to mailbox

New to spamassassin I now got it up and running on my server with ubuntu,
postfix, dovecot.

The only problem I have now is that i have created a mailaccount called
"spamtrap" but I can't manage to get the SPAM: classified email redirected
to the mailbox. So some help would be appreciated.

Re: Redirect spam to mailbox

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 07:37 PM 1/21/2008, Rubin Bennett wrote:
>On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 19:22 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:
> > Please reply to the list, not me.
> >
>True, but I've posted that post several times :)  Didn't want to
>duplicate my answer.  I've sent *this* reply to the list however :)

Yep.. Maybe was worth sending to the OP, not me. I knew what SA can
and can't do. :)

>So the slightly longer answer to your question is that you need to tell
>your Mail Delivery Agent to sort the message, be it Procmail, Postfix,
>or whatever you use.  Some MDA's are smarter and more flexible than
>others, but almost all have the ability to sort.  Worst case, you can
>tell your mail client to sort for you (although this is cumbersome, and
>a PIA to maintain if you have more that one client from which you access
>your mail).

Umm.. Not my question. ;)

Re: Redirect spam to mailbox

Posted by Rubin Bennett <rb...@thatitguy.com>.
On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 19:22 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:
> Please reply to the list, not me.

True, but I've posted that post several times :)  Didn't want to
duplicate my answer.  I've sent *this* reply to the list however :)

> But...
>
> "Spamassassin: TAGS Spam, but IT DOES NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE TO IT!!!
> It Can't delete your spam, it can't reply to it. It can't forward it.
> It looks at it, and either marks it as spam or not. That's it. Period. "
>
> Yep.

So the slightly longer answer to your question is that you need to tell
your Mail Delivery Agent to sort the message, be it Procmail, Postfix,
or whatever you use.  Some MDA's are smarter and more flexible than
others, but almost all have the ability to sort.  Worst case, you can
tell your mail client to sort for you (although this is cumbersome, and
a PIA to maintain if you have more that one client from which you access
your mail).

Rubin

Re: Redirect spam to mailbox

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 12:32 PM 1/21/2008, Matsaki wrote:

>New to spamassassin I now got it up and running on my server with ubuntu,
>postfix, dovecot.
>
>The only problem I have now is that i have created a mailaccount called
>"spamtrap" but I can't manage to get the SPAM: classified email redirected
>to the mailbox. So some help would be appreciated.

SpamAssassin can't do this. You'd need to use procmail or another such method.

Re: Redirect spam to mailbox

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.

Re: Redirect spam to mailbox

Posted by Matsaki <ma...@gmail.com>.