Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Rajiv Mordani <Ra...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/04/07 08:08:50 UTC

Unable to build xerces

Hi All,
	I just checked out the latest version of xerces and was unable to
build the java parser. It gives me an error in
org.apache.xerces.parsers.RevalidatingDOMParser. It includes
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLValidator which is moved to
org.apache.xerces.validators.common. However that isn't just the problem.
When I modify the Revalidating Parser to include the correct XMLValidator
it gives an error checkContent (int, int, int[]) not found in
XMLValidator. When I checked the code in XMLValidator the method is
private. Also the same for getContentSpecAsString which is protected. I am
not sure why these methods are private so I haven't checked in the
changes. Could someone explain this??

- Rajiv

--
:wq

Re: Unable to build xerces

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
As per previous message, the tree has just been substantially changed,
in order to get in a large amount of additional XML Schema code.  I
think there was a warning posted that the tree was likely to have build
problems for a few days, until everything got in.

Hang in there!

Mike

Re: Unable to build xerces

Posted by Rajiv Mordani <Ra...@eng.sun.com>.
Also if someone could remove and add the Makefiles with the -kb flag it
would be really nice.

- Rajiv

--
:wq