Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/16 01:49:03 UTC

Maven Enforcer Plugin DependencyConvergence annoying logging (was Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Enforcer Plugin version 1.1.1 (take 2 - was 1.2))

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Rex Hoffman <re...@e-hoffman.org> wrote:
>> Just a quick mention that there is an annoying bit of logging that is
>> showing up now in the dependencyConvergence enforcer rule, since the last
>> release...
[del]

> Sorry, I'm waiting for this one to use myself :)
> But I can roll another one shortly after.

This was introduced in 1.1 as part of
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MENFORCER-118 and I've fixed it in
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MENFORCER-135.

I'd personally wait until a bit more gets fixed before rolling another release.
But I dont use that rule so I dont know how annoying it actually is.

Your options are:
* roll a local interim release
* start a new thread asking for a proper release
* fix some more bugs to make a release more appealing :)

Re: Maven cucumber plugin - was Maven Enforcer Plugin DependencyConvergence

Posted by Rex Hoffman <re...@e-hoffman.org>.
On Jul 23, 2012, at 1:52 AM, Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> wrote:

> On 16/07/12 4:10 PM, Rex Hoffman wrote:
>> Losing most of my time to cucumber-jvm maven plugins (most of today), and to the project in general...
>> Don't think maven land (proper) will see much love until I nail down multithreaded browser based tests and push it in to the project.
>>
> Side tangent - is the cucumber plugin a surefire-test runner, or a totally separate plugin?

Right now it's just a report aggregator based on the json reports cucumber-jvm produces.

The json reports cucumber-jvm produces are busted so I need to correct them next.

I expect to be able to role a surefire like plugin in the future, but we are missing a lot of parts that I can build, test, and deliver value on individually before wrapping them together.

right now I run cucumber-jvm with the exec plugin (3 times, behaving differently each time) and have a single maven plugin consuming all the reports... which appears stable and usable, except that cucumber-jvm's json report has a few bugs to solve first.

Also in the process of making the json report thread safe (and writing the tests to prove it) while hunting these bugs.

End goal is flexibility on how cucumber features are run (run the same scenario - aka test - once per browser or once per target website, or combinatorial explosion...) in a multithreaded mode.  Mostly because that's what I need at my current job.

Maven cucumber plugin - was Maven Enforcer Plugin DependencyConvergence

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

Re: Maven Enforcer Plugin DependencyConvergence annoying logging (was Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Enforcer Plugin version 1.1.1 (take 2 - was 1.2))

Posted by Rex Hoffman <re...@e-hoffman.org>.
Losing most of my time to cucumber-jvm maven plugins (most of today), and to the project in general...
Don't think maven land (proper) will see much love until I nail down multithreaded browser based tests and push it in to the project.

Rex