Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Rob Malko <rm...@homefinder.com> on 2014/10/07 02:02:35 UTC

Some questions

First time Drill User and absolutely loving it.

First off, I've been playing around with the latest 0.6 build, to try out
the mongo integration, and can't quite figure out how to get connected to a
mongo instance that requires auth.  I tried the usual
mongodb://user:pass@host:port/ but that didn't seem to work.

Second: Is there a way to also use Drill to query a normal sql database
like postgres?  Let's say I have some json files, mongo db records, some
stuff in hdfs, and would like to do some joins against something that we
may have in postgres.  Doable?

Lastly, I was trying to use the Create Table As (CTAS) command with a
mongodb query but it didn't seem to like it "Error: Current schema is not a
Drill schema. Can't create new relations (tables or views) in non-Drill
schemas."  Is that something that's supported?

Thanks!

Re: Some questions

Posted by AnilKumar B <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rob & Aditya,