Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/03/09 00:22:20 UTC

Re: [HttpComponents] web site (update 6)

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 21:13 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 08/03/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> A little gremlin seems to have attacked the Cookies page:
>
> Netscate

Fixed

> > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcomponents/
> >

> Generally it looks very good, and seems to be easy to navigate.
>
> Just noticed something a bit strange - the HttpCore and HttpAsynch
> module pages have a left navigation bar with a "Home" link, but the
> other modules don't. Not sure whether this is intentional or not.

This is because only HttpCore and HttpAsync are full-fledged Maven
sub-projects with a corresponding pom.xml. All others are merely
placeholders. They will get populated as we go along.

> The naming of the modules makes their purpose fairly clear, but it
> might still be useful to have a brief summary of each on the front
> page.

Done

> It would be nice if the Wiki link indicated that it was an "external" link.

Done

> Sorry if these seem picky ... feel free to ignore!
>
> S.

Please review
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcomponents/

Cheers,

Oleg

Re: [HttpComponents] web site (update 6)

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 01:03 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 08/03/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 21:13 +0000, sebb wrote:
> > > On 08/03/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> > > A little gremlin seems to have attacked the Cookies page:
> > >
> > > Netscate
> > >

> > Fixed
> >

> The gremlin seems to have come back ...

It's been really fixed in SVN. I just did not regenerate the site prior
to deploying to the remote repository

> > > Generally it looks very good, and seems to be easy to navigate.
> > >
> > > Just noticed something a bit strange - the HttpCore and HttpAsynch
> > > module pages have a left navigation bar with a "Home" link, but the
> > > other modules don't. Not sure whether this is intentional or not.
> > >

> > This is because only HttpCore and HttpAsync are full-fledged Maven
> > sub-projects with a corresponding pom.xml. All others are merely
> > placeholders. They will get populated as we go along.
>
> OK
>
> > > The naming of the modules makes their purpose fairly clear, but it
> > > might still be useful to have a brief summary of each on the front
> > > page.
> > >

> > Done
>
> Looks good.
>
> Just thought - people might want to know if HttpURLConnection is supported.
> Might be worth saying whether that is planned or not.

I personally do not intend to work on a HttpURLConnection implementation
based on HttpCore. There are way more important things that require a
lot of work: unfinished Cookie2 spec, HttpNIO, Commons HttpClient 3.1.

If someone came forward and contributed this code I believe we would
happily accept it, though

Oleg

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [HttpComponents] web site (update 7)

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 09:26 +0100, Ortwin Glück wrote:
> I think references to HttpClient 3 should be linked to the current website.

There's a reference to Commons HttpClient on the front page now. Please
check it out:

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 09:26 +0100, Ortwin Glück wrote:
> I think references to HttpClient 3 should be linked to the current website.

Will do

Oleg

Re: [HttpComponents] web site (update 6)

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
I think references to HttpClient 3 should be linked to the current website.