Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com> on 2022/04/29 21:08:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release 4.15.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 4.15.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* Release notes [1]
* The official Apache source and binary distributions to be deployed to
dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3]
* Source code tag "release-4.15.0-rc2" [4] with git
sha f771b7664f7f83ae4ae3e8eaa516c879c4bc7897

BookKeeper's KEYS file contains PGP keys we used to sign this release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bookkeeper/KEYS

Please download these packages and review this release candidate:

- Review release notes
- Download the source package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to build and run the bookkeeper service.
- Download the binary package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to run the bookkeeper service.
- Review maven repo, release tag, licenses, and any other things you think
it is important to a release.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Release Manager

[1]
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/3155/files#diff-eff52edf7022fd953f60c68061de09ec5d148eb37893de6af85a7964a2e57855

[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.15.0-rc2/

[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-1066/
[4] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/releases/tag/v4.15.0-rc2/

--
Andrey Yegorov

Re: [VOTE] Release 4.15.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Nice to know! Thanks for the update, Andrey

- Henry

Posted by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com>.
+1 (binding)

I built Pulsar with BK 4.15 RC,
CI ran the tests with RC1 (RC 2 in progress but it is not functionally
different): https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/15142

Performance regression is not confirmed:
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/3258#issuecomment-1118033982 in
other environments.
I agree with Enrico we can do .1 release if there is a regression that
shows up in specific cases.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.