Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "whitewolff@tiscali.it" <wh...@tiscali.it> on 2008/03/28 14:26:41 UTC

Software caused connection abort: recv failed (https and cxf)

Hi guys,
I have set up a server which listens for https connections.
When my only client sends any message, I get this exception (client-
side):
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv
failed

Please does anyone know about this error?
Here is how I generated my certs:
[SERVER]
keytool -genkey -dname "CN=localhost, OU=NOT FOR PRODUCTION, O=Apache,
ST=NY, C=US" -keystore server.jks -storetype jks -storepass server -
keypass server -alias hosting_servant -keyalg RSA

keytool -selfcert -alias hosting_servant -keystore server.jks -keypass
server -storepass server

keytool -export -alias hosting_servant -file server.cer -keystore
server.jks -storepass server

keytool -import -v -trustcacerts -alias hosting_servant -file server.
cer -keystore cacerts.jks -keypass cacert -storepass cacert
[CLIENT]
keytool -genkey -alias dashboard_servant -keyalg RSA -keypass client -
storepass client -keystore client.jks -dname "CN=dashboard_servant,
OU=NOT FOR PRODUCTION, O=Apache, ST=NY, C=US"

keytool -selfcert -alias dashboard_servant -keystore client.jks -
keypass client -storepass client

keytool -export -alias dashboard_servant -storepass client -file
client.cer -keystore client.jks

keytool -import -v -trustcacerts -alias dashboard_servant -file client.
cer -keystore cacerts.jks -keypass cacert -storepass cacert

Then i add my two certs into java_home/lib/security/cacerts

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Voce Senza Limiti: chiama in tutta Italia a 0 cent. SOLO 9,90 EURO AL MESE fino al 27/03/08!
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/promo/vocesenzalimiti_2603/

Re: Software caused connection abort: recv failed (https and cxf)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
With 2.0.4, the java_home/lib/security/cacerts file isn't actually used
at all.  2.0.4 doesn't trust anything you don't specifically specify in
configuration.   This has been greatly relaxed in 2.0.5 so that if you
don't specify anything in config, it will pick up the certs in cacarts.
In general https support is a lot easier to use in 2.0.5.

My suggestion would be to give 2.0.5 a try and see if that helps.  We're
currently voting on it.   With any luck, it will be released on Monday.
The candidates that we are voting on are at:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.5-incubator/

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp