Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Screaming Eagle <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/26 19:55:11 UTC

outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Does any one know how to handle this?:

-1.8 ALL_TRUSTED            Passed through trusted hosts only via SMTP
-0.2 BAYES_40               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 20 to 40%
                            [score: 0.3371]
 0.1 HTML_90_100            BODY: Message is 90% to 100% HTML
 1.8 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24     BODY: HTML: images with 2000-2400 bytes of words
 1.7 MSGID_DOLLARS          Message-Id has pattern used in spam
 1.9 RATWARE_MS_HASH        Bulk email fingerprint (msgid ms hash) found
 2.8 RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME Bulk email fingerprint (Outlook no name)
                            found
 I cuold adjust ALL_TRUSTED so this won't be mark as spam, but what about
other email being sent by outlook from outside? Any idea?

Thanks.

Re: outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Posted by Screaming Eagle <te...@gmail.com>.
Wow,
I did not know this can break so many aspects of spamasassin, thank you for
the information. I have set trusted_network on my local.cf file, I have set
all except one network which have a netmask of 255.255.255.192, how should I
handle this? Should it be like <network ip>/255.255.255.192?  I have set it
like so and have not seen any errors in log file.

Re: outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
I suggested before that you had a problem with your trusted_hosts configuration.  The headers below confirms that you have a problem with your trusted_hosts configuration.

The solution isn't to adjust the score on ALL_TRUSTED.  The solution is to correctly set trusted_hosts so that the rule doesn't trigger for mail that comes from non-trusted hosts.

This will also "fix" a number of other score-related problems you are probably seeing.  A LOT of stuff breaks in SA if the trust path is wrong.

        Loren

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

Re: outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
Its still hard to believe that those are all of the headers.  If so, you have more serious problems than getting a few rule hits.  What about headers like

I *KNOW* you don't have one of those headers.  I'm pretty sure that you have at least four others of them.  But not all of them.

Guessing gets boring rapidly.

        Loren
  Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:42:00 -0400

  ------------=_44A00E6A.133D516C

Re: outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Posted by Screaming Eagle <te...@gmail.com>.
here u go, hope this shed some lights...:
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:42:00 -0400

------------=_44A00E6A.133D516C

RE: outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Posted by Bret Miller <br...@wcg.org>.

> On Monday 26 June 2006 22:17, Screaming Eagle took the
> opportunity to write:
> > header info:
> > Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:42:00 -0400
> >         RATWARE_MS_HASH,RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME autolearn=no
> version=3.1.3
>
> All of them, please. You've already posted the rules hit;
> those lines don't add any information.

Message-ID:?
Received:?
This can't be all the headers...

Bret

Re: outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)

Re: outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Posted by Screaming Eagle <te...@gmail.com>.
header info:
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:42:00 -0400
        RATWARE_MS_HASH,RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME autolearn=no version=3.1.3

Please ignore ALL_TRUSTED, i am working on setting up trusted_network
parameters.

Posted by Bret Miller <br...@wcg.org>.
> Any pointers on this: "real solution is to find what's causing
> the rule to fire and fix the Outlook setup so it doesn't trigger
> it"?.  Thanks.

How about posting the message headers. The last three rules that fired
(MSID_DOLLARS, RATWARE_MS_HASH, and RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME) all indicate
a problem with the message ID format in combination with another header.
If you have something in your path removing headers from messages,
that'll cause this.

SA relies on the headers being preserved to get an accurate assessment
of what's going on. Cleaning them out before calling SA is just asking
for trouble.

Bret

Re: outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Posted by Screaming Eagle <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Thomas <li...@sthomas.net>.
> -1.8 ALL_TRUSTED            Passed through trusted hosts only via SMTP
> -0.2 BAYES_40               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 20 to 40%
>                             [score: 0.3371]
>  0.1 HTML_90_100            BODY: Message is 90% to 100% HTML
>  1.8 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24     BODY: HTML: images with 2000-2400 bytes of
> words
>  1.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
>  1.7 MSGID_DOLLARS          Message-Id has pattern used in spam
>  1.9 RATWARE_MS_HASH        Bulk email fingerprint (msgid ms hash) found
>  2.8 RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME Bulk email fingerprint (Outlook no name)
>                             found

FWIW, I just sent myself a test message using Outlook and these are the
only rules that fired:

  -1.8 ALL_TRUSTED
  -2.6 BAYES_00
  -0.0 AWL

I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.8010.6568) SP2 and SA 3.1.0.

Re: outlook email is beeing flag as spam...

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
 2.8 RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME Bulk email fingerprint (Outlook no name)

Something has removed the X-Mailer line from the messages.

        Loren