Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathon Wallen <z2...@student.unsw.edu.au> on 2001/08/10 15:57:26 UTC

ELF data encoding not big-endian

Hi all,
I've got tomcat running fine independent of apache and now I want the
two to work together... I've downloaded the binary of mod_jk.so and
put it in the libexec directory, edited the server.xml file and got
the mod_jk.conf-auto thing happening.. now, after starting tomcat,
when I try to start apache it dies with this error -

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: ELF file data encoding not
big-endian

I'm using Suse7.0 ppc on a macintosh blue & white G3, apache 1.3.20
and tomcat-3.2.3

can anyone help with this?

many thanks,
--