Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2016/03/03 11:37:25 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-43: Kafka SASL enhancements

I would like to start the voting process for *KIP-43: Kafka SASL
enhancements*. This KIP extends the SASL implementation in Kafka to support
new SASL mechanisms to enable Kafka to be integrated with different
authentication servers.

The KIP is available here for reference:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-43:+Kafka+SASL+enhancements

And here's is a link to the discussion on the mailing list:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-dev/201601.mbox/%3CCAOJcB39b9Vy7%3DZEM3tLw2zarCS4A_s-%2BU%2BC%3DuEcWs0712UaYrQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Thank you...

Regards,

Rajini

Re: [VOTE] KIP-43: Kafka SASL enhancements

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Hi all,

The updated KIP-43 passes with 3 binding +1s (Harsha, Gwen and Jun) and 3
non-binding +1s. Many thanks to everyone for the feedback.

The initial PR is available at https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/812.
Feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,

Rajini

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Rajini,

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Jun,

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Rajini,

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Gwen,

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Rajini,

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Gwen,

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Andrew Schofield <an...@outlook.com>.
+1 (non-binding) on the revised KIP

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Gwen,

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Harsha <ka...@harsha.io>.

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Harsha,

Posted by Harsha <ka...@harsha.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by tao xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Andrew Schofield <an...@outlook.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
It will be good to get the SASL enhancements into 0.10.0.0 if possible.
There are no outstanding questions related to the KIP and the PR is ready
for review.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thank you...

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Rajini Sivaram <
rajinisivaram@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I would like to start the voting process for *KIP-43: Kafka SASL
> enhancements*. This KIP extends the SASL implementation in Kafka
> to support new SASL mechanisms to enable Kafka to be integrated with
> different authentication servers.
>
> The KIP is available here for reference:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-43:+Kafka+SASL+enhancements
>
> And here's is a link to the discussion on the mailing list:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-dev/201601.mbox/%3CCAOJcB39b9Vy7%3DZEM3tLw2zarCS4A_s-%2BU%2BC%3DuEcWs0712UaYrQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>

> Thank you...
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajini