Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/15 14:18:09 UTC

VOTE: Release Apache Roller 4.0 RC8

The upgrade problem reported by Yossie with the roller_comment table and the
comment delete error reported by Angel Vera were both critial IMO, so I have
created another release candidate, RC8 [1]. I also fixed other less significant
problems reported by Matt Raible and Anil Gangolli. Thanks again for all the
testing and bug reporting.

I believe we are now again ready for release.

Please vote to release RC8 as Apache Roller 4.0.

Thanks,
Dave

[1] Release candidate files are here:
http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-4.0-rc8/

Here is the list of issues addressed in RC8:

Upgrade process resets date on comments (reported by Yossie)
FIX: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=583914&view=rev

Error reported after comment delete, but delete suceeds. Caused by an attempt
to use an object after it was deleted in the Comments and also the
GlobalCommentManagement actions. (reported by Angel Vera)
FIX: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=583952&view=rev

"The instances of the property mail.hostname in the cut-and-paste initial
roller-custom properties (Sections 6 and 6.1) are mis-capitalized as
mail.hostName" (reported by Anil Ganfoli)
FIX: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=583899&view=rev

More friendly text on custom stylesheet page:
"Unfortunately, the theme you're using does not provide a custom
stylesheet for you to edit. You can customize your theme or contact
your system administrator to see about enabling this feature."
(reported by Matt Raible)
FIX: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=583917&view=rev

Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller 4.0 RC8

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
+1

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller 4.0 RC8

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Hi:

Is anyone else seeing this?

% gpg --verify apache-roller-4.0-rc8.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made Thu 11 Oct 2007 09:08:20 PM PDT using DSA key ID
17AA5B25
gpg: BAD signature from "David Johnson <sn...@apache.org>"

All of the other sigs are verifying fine

apache-roller-4.0-rc8.tar.gz.asc
gpg: Signature made Fri 12 Oct 2007 11:43:45 AM PDT using DSA key ID
17AA5B25
gpg: Good signature from "David Johnson <sn...@apache.org>"
-----------------
apache-roller-src-4.0-rc8.tar.gz.asc
gpg: Signature made Thu 11 Oct 2007 09:08:22 PM PDT using DSA key ID
17AA5B25
gpg: Good signature from "David Johnson <sn...@apache.org>"
-----------------
apache-roller-src-4.0-rc8.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made Thu 11 Oct 2007 09:08:24 PM PDT using DSA key ID
17AA5B25
gpg: Good signature from "David Johnson <sn...@apache.org>"
-----------------

and I've re-downloaded both the apache-roller-4.0-rc8.zip and the .asc
sig file and the problem persists.

--a.

Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller 4.0 RC8

Posted by Yossie <yo...@yossieworld.com>.
Dave san,

I understood.
It was very helpful for me.

Thank you for your help.
Yossie

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yossie <yo...@yossieworld.com>.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
I'd suggest fixing (1) and (2)  (easy).  The others I would not touch
for 4.0 to avoid destabilizing.

--a.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.