Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Aditya Desai <ad...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/18 18:58:53 UTC

Calling a mapreduce job from inside another

Is it possible to call a mapreduce job from inside another, if yes how?
and is it possible to disable the reducer completely that is suspend the job
immediately after call to map has been terminated.
I have tried -reducer "NONE". I am using the streaming api to code in python

Regards,
Aditya Desai.

Re: Calling a mapreduce job from inside another

Posted by Amareshwari Sriramadasu <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
You can use Job Control.
See
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.19.0/mapred_tutorial.html#Job+Control
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.19.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/jobcontrol/Job.html
and
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.19.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/jobcontrol/JobControl.html

Thanks

Posted by Sagar Naik <sn...@attributor.com>.
You can also play with the priority of the jobs to have the innermost
job finish first

-Sagar

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@yahoo-inc.com>.