Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sameer <sa...@c2.net> on 1997/09/09 06:57:29 UTC

netcraft

	SO someone I met at crypto who works for Microsoft told me
that he has all that information about who is switching to what. THe
information actually can be derived from the publically available
version of the netcraft website.. just download al the lists of sites
running X for every month and then run some scripts over then.
	I find it interesting that Netscape is *consistenly* losing
marketshare.

Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777
C2Net
http://www.c2.net/				sameer@c2.net

Re: netcraft

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
sameer wrote:

>         SO someone I met at crypto who works for Microsoft told me
> that he has all that information about who is switching to what. THe
> information actually can be derived from the publically available
> version of the netcraft website.. just download al the lists of sites
> running X for every month and then run some scripts over then.

Funny - when Netcraft first started the survey, I asked them about this,
then realised I could do it myself. When I finally got round to doing
something about it, I couldn't find the lists of sites for the "big
three" any more...

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org