Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by ga...@agilent.com on 2010/04/15 02:37:26 UTC

Help migrating my JSTL from Java 1.4 to 1.5

I am moving my Java code compiled under Java 1.4 running on an Oracle 10g Application Server to an Oracle 10g OC4J Standalone container. My Java code compiles just fine, but the taglib is giving me grief.

E.G Using

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean-el.tld" prefix="bean" %>

<bean:message key="title.revision.text"/> -- if I remove this tag, the page displays.

The only error message that I can find is:

J2EE JSP-0003  loading Tld's into cachedConfigTable:

I don't know if this is a tag issue or the container can't find applicationResources.properties.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx,

Gary

Re: Help migrating my JSTL from Java 1.4 to 1.5

Posted by Michael Labib <mi...@yahoo.com>.
If your using JSP 1.1 TLDs , you'll encounter issues like this with OC4J  if you don't have a DOCTYPE.

Add this to your page

<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library @ 1.1//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

or turn off TLD caching.

Hopefully that helps.