Posted to community@apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/10/13 17:19:50 UTC

DOM v3 in JDK 1.5

Hi everyone,

This is a semi-cross community technical issue, regarding the change of the
org.w3c.dom.Node interface (as part of DOM3).

Is there anyone who has investigated the consequences of these changes, and I
am referring to the previously terrible situation with the DOM1 to DOM2
transition a couple of years ago.

Will the trio Crimson, Xerces, Xalan be able to cope with it in a reasonable
way for the users, especially in light of the likes like Tomcat, Cocoon and
possibly other XML heavy projects.

I am hoping that the "Jar-order hell" that reign back then is not going to
repeat itself.

Cheers
Niclas
--