Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oliver Wagner <li...@wagner-www.de> on 2006/09/24 09:38:36 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.17 with windows xp

Hello,
the last years I developed my webapps with tomcat and Linux. Because of my new employer I have to use windows now. But there occurs a problem. At the moment I debug my webapp.

With Tomcat and Linux I just have to restart the server and the container is completely erased. After the restart the tomcat react like it was never touched before.

Tomcat and windows react different. A exception occurred, I change some classes to solve the problem, I stop the Tomcat, wait a second and start the tomcat again. But the Tomcat behaviour is very strange. A "normal" behaviour (like with Linux) is only possible, if I restart my computer (windows).

But that need very much time, what can I do to have the same behaviour like tomcat and Linux? I hope someone can help me.

Tia

Oli

AW: Tomcat 5.5.17 with windows xp

Posted by Oliver Wagner <li...@wagner-www.de>.
Hello,
now I noticed, that it is enough to restart my browser. The browser restart is needed by IE and Firefox. With Linux I don't need to restart the Firefox to see the changes from the restarted web server. What is the reason for that behaviour?

I use the session-mechanism from the tomcat - is that the root of the problem?

Greets

Oli

PS:
Sorry for my bad English.