Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/22 20:37:21 UTC

Attempting to add debug token support for building on PlayBook

I added debug token support to working on BB10 for cordova and would like
to do the same with playbook but I have the following problem:

Output of cordova build script when running 'ant playbook debug-device'

[exec] Info: Debug token created.
     [exec] Info: Sending request: Install and Launch
     [exec] Info: Action: Install and Launch
     [exec] Info: File size: 2269
     [exec] Info: Installing debug.token.gYABgBzNRmtRA7cXnit_yEsmdx4...
     [exec] Info: Processing 2269 bytes
     [exec] actual_dname::debug.token.gYABgBzNRmtRA7cXnit_yEsmdx4
     [exec] actual_id::gYABgBzNRmtRA7cXnit_yEsmdx4
     [exec] actual_version::0.0.0.48
     [exec] result::success
     [exec] Info: Launching debug.token.gYABgBzNRmtRA7cXnit_yEsmdx4...
     [exec] result::Invalid
     [exec] Info: done
     [exec] [INFO]       Parsing command line options
     [exec] [INFO]       Parsing bbwp.properties
     [exec] [INFO]       Validating WebWorks archive
     [exec] [INFO]       Parsing config.xml
     [exec] [INFO]       Populating application source
     [exec] [INFO]       Compiling WebWorks application
     [exec] [INFO]       Packaging the bar file
     [exec] [INFO]       Bar packaging complete
     [exec] [INFO]       WebWorks application packaging complete
     [exec] Info: Sending request: Install and Launch
     [exec] Info: Action: Install and Launch
     [exec] Info: File size: 510530
     [exec] Info: Installing
cordovaExample66daa65d5ab3c8ba4e3a9403c3a28a7.testDev_9403c3a28a75887c750...
     [exec] Info: Processing 510530 bytes
     [exec] actual_dname::
     [exec] actual_id::
     [exec] actual_version::
     [exec] result::failure 881 application author does not match debug
token author

The value in my config.xml <author> tag is Gord Tanner, which is the same
displayed for the debug token author shown on the playbook.

The ant script I am using is:

<!-- install debug token" -->
+    <macrodef name="generate-debug-token">
+        <sequential>
+            <exec executable="${blackberry-debugtokenrequest}" dir="."
failonerror="true">
+                <arg value="-storepass" />
+                <arg value="${properties.playbook.sigtool.csk.password}" />
+                <arg value="-deviceID" />
+                <arg value="0x${properties.qnx.device.pin}" />
+                <arg file="${properties.qnx.bbwp.dir}/debugtoken.bar" />
+            </exec>
+
+            <exec executable="${blackberry-deploy}" dir="."
failonerror="true">
+                <arg value="-installApp" />
+                <arg value="-launchApp" />
+                <arg value="-device" />
+                <arg value="${properties.playbook.device.ip}" />
+                <arg value="-password" />
+                <arg value="${properties.playbook.device.password}" />
+                <arg value="-package" />
+                <arg file="${properties.qnx.bbwp.dir}/debugtoken.bar" />
+            </exec>
+        </sequential>
+    </macrodef>

Has anyone come across this before?

Re: Attempting to add debug token support for building on PlayBook

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
Note:

I have since fixed the properties.qnx.bbwp.dir reference for the debugtoken
and it still doesn't work

Posted by Al Harding <al...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> wow, so yeah that works.

Schooled! :)

not the best way to do it now ;)

Posted by Tim Kim <ti...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I'll give it a shot.

--
Timothy Kim

Re: Attempting to add debug token support for building on PlayBook

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
Did this work for you Fil?

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
So I found out it doesn't suck as bad as we all thought ;)

From:

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@rim.com>.

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
wow, so yeah that works.