Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Misc <ha...@gmx.net> on 2003/06/06 06:36:38 UTC

access old application from struts?

Hi,

I'm migrating webapplication to Weblogic5.1 from my old web application which has a lot of servlets into Struts application.
Before completely migrating the whole application, I want struts still be able to access the old application.
Both should share the same session id.

But I'm facing with the session problem as the new struts application and my old application creates different session id.
How to solve this?

Secondly:

I need to create this application to be the default application instead of using its application name.
As exampe:
the application name is: fx.war
so if I deploy it, the URL will look like : www.mydomainname.com/fx

How can I change it into www.mydomainname.com instead?

thanks,
harris.

Re: access old application from struts?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Misc wrote:

> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:36:38 +0800
> From: Misc <ha...@gmx.net>
> Subject: access old application from struts?
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm migrating webapplication to Weblogic5.1 from my old web application which has a lot of servlets into Struts application.
> Before completely migrating the whole application, I want struts still be able to access the old application.
> Both should share the same session id.

That's going to be a challenge unless you place everything into a single
web application.  The servlet spec specifically requires that session ids
be valid only with a single webapp.

> But I'm facing with the session problem as the new struts application and my old application creates different session id.
> How to solve this?
>
> Secondly:
>
> I need to create this application to be the default application instead of using its application name.
> As exampe:
> the application name is: fx.war
> so if I deploy it, the URL will look like : www.mydomainname.com/fx
>
> How can I change it into www.mydomainname.com instead?

The details for how to do this depend on your servlet container -- for
example, with Tomcat you'd want to put this webapp into the "webapps/ROOT"
directory.  You'll have to check the WebLogic docs on how to do it there.

> thanks,
> harris.

Craig