Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Frank Wedler <f....@hamburg.de> on 2004/05/14 14:42:54 UTC

Xindice 1.0 on a HP iPAQ H5500

Hi!

I’ve succesfully ported Xindice 1.0 to a HP iPAQ H5500 using the Creme
JVM from NSI.com. For everybody who is interested, I’ve provided the
instructions:

1. First, the starting script has to be replaced by a link because the
HP iPAQ has no shell. The link can be found in the appendix.

2. Second, the OpenORB library has to be replaced. The library throws
a runtime exception because a native method in the used Java Virtual
Machine differs in its behavior compared to the J2SE. Replace it by
the OpenORB 1.3.0 library from openorb.org. Make sure to include the
avalon.jar and logkit.jar as well because they are needed by the
OpenORB 1.3.0. Xindice now runs in a stable way.

Best regards,

Frank

Appendix
=======
Link:
30#"\Windows\CrEme\bin\CrEme.exe" -mi -Ob -noverify
-wd \Xindice\java\lib -Dxindice.home=/Xindice -cf cp.txt
org.apache.xindice.server.Xindice \Xindice\config\system.xml

cp.txt (Versionnumbers skipped. cp.txt must be in the \Xindice\java\lib
folder):
-cp avalon.jar;infozone.jar;logkit.jar;openorb_tools.jar;openorb.jar;
xalan.jar;xerces.jar;xindice.jar;xml-apis.jar;xmldb.jar;xmldb-sdk.jar;
xmldb-xupdate.jar

Re: Xindice 1.0 on a HP iPAQ H5500

Posted by Jonathan Melhuish <j....@signal.qinetiq.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> PS Why would you want xindice on iPaq?

Why not?  ;-)

Jon

Re: Xindice 1.0 on a HP iPAQ H5500

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Frank Wedler wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I’ve succesfully ported Xindice 1.0 to a HP iPAQ H5500 using the Creme
> JVM from NSI.com.

Have you tried 1.1 yet? It should take less memory, as there is no large
CORBA jar needed.

PS Why would you want xindice on iPaq?

Vadim