Posted to user@poi.apache.org by pf...@aim.com on 2013/05/28 18:27:51 UTC

Update multiple charts in PPTX

I am using an existing pptx template with an existing chart which needs to be updated with series data from a web service. I have successfully developed the code to update a single chart on a slide by updating the existing series in the chart with new data. It works great, but I am only updating a single chart, so I just loop through the collection from slide.getRelations() and grab the first instance of XSLFChart.

What I really need to do is update several charts in the same pptx file. How do I find each chart to update with some type of reference? Or if I am looping through the collection of XSLFCharts, how do I know which one I am processing? The XSLFGraphicFrame has reference data, but I can't find a link between the XSLFGraphicFrame and the XSLFChart.

I appreciate any help or hints on this issue.

Thanks!
Paul