Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/07/30 20:37:16 UTC

WSDL and parts

I'm working on the wsdl2js code as it interacts with CXF.

The code, written to work with doc/literal services, thinks that it can
do this from an operation:

 op.getOutput().getMessage().getPart("parameters")

Such is not the case with Aegis. The reason for this belief is that the
other kit we've used here to make WSDL files names the part 'parameters'
even for the output.

CXF calls the input 'parameters' and the output 'result'.

The question is, can the message have more than one part other than
'fault'?

RE: WSDL and parts

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
OK, this will call forth some additional cross-checking as we clean up
this code.

Re: WSDL and parts

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Benson,

RE: WSDL and parts

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
Hmm. CXF aegis definitely uses "parameters" for doc/literal with no
special requests for mapping for the inputs, but wraps the outputs in a
part named 'results'.

Perhaps more to the point, the goal of this code is to find the
descriptions of the parameters and the result.

Re: WSDL and parts

Posted by Balaji Ravi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You cannot depend on "parameters" word. .NET uses this to mark its wsdl as a